Thursday, March 13, 2014

Rejection...

Part of trying to find an agent and get published it sending out query letters. I thought surely I was the only person who loathed trying to sell yourself and describe your 75,000-word piece in two paragraphs. then I learned all writers hate query letters. At least I'm not alone.

I send queries to two agents a few weeks ago. I got a rejection letter today from one of them.

Oddly enough, I smiled. A rejection still means I put myself out there. I still tried. And I'll never make it as an author if I don't try, right?

I hope the other query I send gets a different kind of letter back. That agent required a LOT more in a query than just the basic letter. And more detail hopefully = a better chance of getting picked up.

One day that rejection will be acceptance. And it will be worth all the rejections letters in the world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails